After months of searching for the country’s best home cooks, ABS-CBN’s “MasterChef Pinoy Edition” on Thursday completed the show’s Top 16 finalists.
The 16 contestants will now compete for the P1-million cash prize.
Below are the show’s official Top 16 finalists:
1. Carla Marcaida, 40, businesswoman from Bulacan.
2. Betty Bais, 43, house helper from Cebu.
3. Sonny Boy Tuzon, 34, unemployed from Bataan.
4. Lito Dulva, 34, police officer from Sorsogon.
5. Reggie Apolinario, 30, call center agent from Laguna.
6. Gian Espadera, 20, Human Resource Management student from Davao.
7. Myra Santos, 31, accounting associate from Muntinlupa.
8. Maureen Angala, 33, housewife from Muntinlupa.
9. Ivory Yat, 26, nurse from Quezon City.
10. Ronnel Torres, 30, sari-sari store owner from Pampanga.
11. Melissa Gutierrez, 51, marketing director from
12. Cons Osorio, 30, interior designer from San Juan City.
13. Lilibeth Nicolas, 31, house helper from Quezon City.
14. JR Royol, 29, band vocalist from Benguet.
15. Malou Caiña, 41, branch supervisor from Cagayan de Oro.
16. Mac Serrano, 29, ex-seaman from Tarlac.
The “MasterChef” franchise is from the U.K. show. The American version stars celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay.
“MasterChef Pinoy Edition” with chef-judges Fern Aracama, Rolando Laudico and JP Anglo and host-judge Judy Ann Santos airs weekdays before “Be Careful With My Heart.”
Meanwhile,”MasterChef Saturdish Edition” airs on Saturdays with Melai Cantiveros and former “Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition 4″ housemates Joj and Jai Agpangan.