‘Kanta Pilipinas’ Top 12 finalists have finally been revealed after a series of intensive final castings. Together, these voices are expected to make the whole nation sing as the first original singing reality search continues on TV5 every Saturday at 9:00 PM.
Making the cut to form the Top 12 are:
- Fil-Spanish rock princess Thara Jordana,
- brother-sister duo Nicole and Carlo David,
- the girl-next-door from Davao Dea Formilleza,
- Fil-Am crooner Timmy Pavino,
- music wonder from Quezon City Allan Gonzales,
- singing hunk group 5az1,
- Cebuana diva and the singing ambassadress of Operation Smile Chadleen Lacdo-o,
- Las Piñas’ dynamic singing duo Daniel Grospe and JB Landrito,
- the “sweet voice of Bicol” Pia Diamante,
- former New Born Divas member Jeniffer Maravilla,
- Ilonggo rakista Ricky Deloviar
- Boracay-based singer-songwriter Ferns Tosco.
Kanta Pilipinas host Rico Blanco along with judges – Asia’s Nightingale Ms. Lani Misalucha and the Maestro of Filipino music Mr. Ryan Cayabyab with guest judge Mr. Vehnee Saturno — found it difficult to pick among the top auditionees. “It was hard for us to eliminate, we have been very careful in deliberating the final auditionees and needless to say, they are all very talented”, shared Mr. C.
The competition is bound to get tougher as the Top 12 battle it out for music stardom, a grand prize of PhP1 million and a recording contract. Catch their inspiring stories and their unique talents as Kanta Pilipinas continues this Saturday, 9pm on TV5.