“Eat Bulaga” host Jose Manalo is being charged anew for alleged violation of Republic Act 9262 (Anti-Violence against Women and their Children) this time by his own daughter.
After his estranged wife Annalyn Manalo’s complaint last year, Manalo’s 17-year-old daughter has filed a complaint against him before the Quezon City Prosecutor’s Office on Friday.
Manalo’s daughter, represented by her legal counsel Dennis Pangan, said in her six-page complaint that the comedian failed to provide financial support for his family, whom he allegedly abandoned on Jan. 6, 2012.
According to the complainant, Manalo’s failure to provide financial support forced her to stop schooling.
After the mediation proceedings at the Philippine Mediation Center in Quezon City held last October, Manalo was said to have agreed to send financial support for her daughter’s education.
The complainant revealed having enrolled herself at Raffles Design Institute. However, she claimed that Manalo didn’t give her and her mother his contact details assuring that he will have the payments sent directly to the school on time. After settling the initial dues, Manalo failed to pay the next installment due last Dec. 1, added the complainant.