Former President and now two-term Pampanga Representative Gloria Macapagal- Arroyo, Governors Vilma Santos-Recto of Batangas, ER Ejercito of Laguna and Amado Espino of Pangasinan and Muntinlupa Representative Rodolfo Biazon lead the list of officials ordered by the Commission on Elections to vacate their posts for failure to file their Statement of Contributions and Expenditures for the May 2013 elections.
The decision to order their replacement was announced by Chairman Sixto Brillantes Jr. in a press conference Thursday morning, radio station dwIZ reported.
A report posted by the Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism gave the number of affected officials at 424.
Following are the members of the House of Representatives ordered to leave their posts:
- Naida Angping (NPC) 3rd Manila
- Trisha Bonoan-David (NUP) 4th Manila
- Rodolfo Blazon (LP) Muntinlupa
- Ronald Singson (NP) Ilocos Sur
- Tet Garcia (NUP) Bataan
- Arthur Robes (LP) San Jose del Monte
- Ma. Victoria Sy-Alvarado (NUP) Bulacan
- Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo (Lakas) Pampanga
- Eileen Ermita-Buhain (Lakas) Batangas
- Nelson Collantes (LP) Batangas
- Dong Mendoza (NPC) Batangas
- Wilfrido Mark Enverga (NPC) Quezon
- Romeo Acop (LP) Antipolo
- Joel Roy Duavit (NPC) Rizal
- Al Francis Bichara (NP) Albay
- Sal Fortuno (LP) Camarines Sur
- Herny Oaminal (NP) Misamis Occidental
- Nancy Catamco (LP) North Cotabato
- Arnulfo Go (NUP) Sultan Kudarat
- Pangalian Balindong (LP) Lanao del Sur
Brillantes said they have coordinated with the Department of Interior and Local Government and the office of Speaker Feliciano Belmonte Jr. to enforce the order.
All senators have submitted their SOCE, Brillantes said.